Our bookbinding department is an incredibly busy section of the factory dealing with a huge range of different projects at any given time.
From photographic albums to look books, visitor’s books to hand-bound journals, we use a wide range of fabrics and leather to create beautiful objects to treasure.
Our bookbinding team offer a variety of different services including:
- Hand-Bound & Case-Bound Books – Using a large range of book covering materials from vibrant linen cloths to finest quality leathers
- Thesis/Dissertation Binding
- Custom-made Presentation Boxes
- Book Restoration
- Photobooks – In a variety of different binding forms including lay-flat bookbinding
- Archiving & Magazine Bindings – Combining issues into large, hand bound volumes
- Restaurant & Hotel Stationery – Menu covers, bespoke welcome packs, Visitor books
- Bespoke Projects (You name it, we’ve probably made it!)
We also specialise in a unique selection of artisanal binding styles and finishing techniques including traditional hand-tooled gold leaf detailing and ink speckled page edge finishing.
We pride ourselves on sourcing only the finest materials & leathers, all of which are sourced responsibly from reliable suppliers.
Our bindery is primarily set up for small to medium-sized runs depending on the project in question.
At Barnard & Westwood, we are committed to supporting and training the next generation of craftspeople to pass on these traditional, highly-skilled art forms.
Our clients for bookbinding work come from a huge array of different industries to include local authorities, magazine & newspaper companies, fashion houses, luxury brands, high-end restaurants & private individuals.